Tuesday, September 06, 2005

If President Bush were "John Wayne", he would have made the decision for Governor Blanco!

.
"Lady, step aside, and get the guard at the ready -- we are moving those cattle (PEOPLE) out -- now! NO 24 HOURS to make a decicion! And honey, I will deal with you and your adminstration later. MARINES, LETS GO!"

But President George W. Bush is no John Wayne. Has no "Wayne" sensibilities in his bloood to be a leader, 9-1-1 or not. And trust me, Karl Rove is no Ward Bond. Sad, that.

---from http://corner.nationalreview.com/

24 HOUR WAIT? [Kathryn Jean Lopez]I take everything this man says with a grain of salt, but is this true, what he claimed on CNN yesterday?

NOLA Mayor Nagin interview w/Soledad O'Brien in which he says Gov. Blanco told the President she needed 24 hours to make a decision for Federal aid.

NAGIN: The president looked at me. I think he was a little surprised. He said, "No, you guys stay here. We're going to another section of the plane, and we're going to make a decision." He called me in that office after that. And he said, "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the governor." I said -- and I don't remember exactly what. There were two options. I was ready to move today. The governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision.

S. O'BRIEN: You're telling me the president told you the governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision?

NAGIN: Yes. S. O'BRIEN: Regarding what? Bringing troops in?

NAGIN: Whatever they had discussed. As far as what the -- I was abdicating a clear chain of command, so that we could get resources flowing in the right places.

S. O'BRIEN: And the governor said no.

NAGIN: She said that she needed 24 hours to make a decision. It would have been great if we could of left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out. It didn't happen, and more people died.

###

No comments: