Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama's Acceptance Speech and a Showbiz Standard------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXZkBIxso4&feature=related

-----that I sing!  That is the theme of the nation (like nothing to fear but fear itself) (1933)

"Nothing's impossible I have found,
for when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off
And start all over again.

"Don't lose your confidence if you lose your grip,
be grateful for a pleasant trip
and pick yourself up, dust yourself off
and start all over again'

'Work like a soul inspired,
'til the battle of the day is won,
You  may be sick and tired,
But you'll be a man, my son.

"Will you remenber the famous men,
who had to fall to rise again?
so take a deep breath,
pick nyourself up,
dust yourself off',
start all over again."

Swing Time (1937)
Jerome Kern

No comments: