Thursday, September 04, 2008

The female Pit Bull

Action Caption: Headline from London Daily Mail on-line:
Watch out Obama - I'm a pitbull in lipstick, says barnstorming Sarah Palin
By David Gardner Last updated at 10:12 AM on 04th September 2008

Sarah Palin recast herself as John McCain’s ‘pitbull in lipstick’ early today to defy her detractors and crown a rollercoaster week with a barnstorming speech to accept the Republican Party’s vice-presidential nomination.

~~~

After Sarah Palin's speech, I wondered... who wrote it for her? No matter. And I knew I was witnessing personal history, watching a fellow female pit bull. Love her. Hate her. She is HERE. Now. And she has brought John McCain back, like a phoenix, back from 2000. Back from being nowhere man, from the Cult of Obama.

Yes, my favorite quote when Ms. Palin, Gov. of Alaska made her speech at the Republican's convention last night (after Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Guiliani) was the sheer confidence and exuberance of her being a "Hockey Mom"

She said it before her speech, and it went right in to the text of her speech:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/09/kristol_on_sarah_palin_hockey.asp
McCain aides whose judgment I trust are impressed by Sarah Palin. One was particularly amused by this exchange: A nervous young McCain staffer took it upon himself to explain to Palin the facts of life in a national campaign, the intense scrutiny she'd be under from the media, the viciousness of the assault that she'd be facing, etc.:

Palin: "Thanks for the warning. By the way, do you know what they say the difference is between a hockey mom and a Pit Bull?"

McCain aide: "No, Governor."

Palin: "A hockey mom wears lipstick."

Gov. Sarah Palin and I have something in common: you see, I have been called a "pit bull" many times in my career, the past 15 years, oh, my God. Why? I was opinionated -- still am--and tenacious in my career in consulting, with a steel will and tenacity for the needs of my federal clients. And I have had some mighty difficult clients: attorneys who do not want to pay a high enough retainer for me, and dangerous ones: attorneys who curry favor with lobbyists in DC and then go right into jail. (Tom Delay, Neil Volz, Duane Gibson, Terry Martin, Tony Rudy, George W. Bush, Bob Ney, Jack Abramoff --who led the hearings? John McCain!)
Gov. Sarah and I both have blue collar guys, we have long-term marriages to. My guy loves his motorcycles. He is Mr. Blue Collar, who does my books. I love my boy fiercely. Damn. She is me. damn ----OMG, I must be a REPUBLICAN! A rock - ribbed, steak loving, vodka--swilling pearl-wearing republican! I am a Jew Broad from the Northside of Chicago! Who woulda thunk this!

Sarah Palin is making an impression to many women -and surprisingly (to me), to men!. She is a comely pit bull, and that's how the dogs truly are. They are sweet animals, but when they get a hold of your leg, the simply do not let go------they just hold on........and on......and .......don't/won't let go of that leg!

My shade is plum, or deep claret. And I favor Max Factor.


Signed,

Abbe Buck PR,
Housewife, Mother, Publicist. Communications Consultant.
Pit Bull.



# # #

No comments: